Virginia Wright, 87, of Platte City, MO, died Friday, March 16, 2018 at Hillview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Platte City. Virginia was born in Camden Point, MO on March 11, 1931 to Charles E. and Verdie Elizabeth (Miller) Wright. She was a member of Camden Point Baptist Church for many years. Virginia worked for 36 years at UMB Bank in Kansas City, MO. After retiring, she volunteered as activities director at Hillview for six years before moving in. She was very fond of nature, the outdoors, and wildlife. She loved her dogs and cats and remained close to her dear family and friends. Virginia was very giving and would help anyone, anytime. She was preceded in death by her parents; brother Charles Wright; and sister Shirley (Dean) Winter. Virginia is survived by her sister-in-law Evelyn Wright; nieces and nephews Mike and Sue McMillian, Lori and Kevin Boji, Bud and Mary McMillian, Kathy and Bob Rose, and Trudy and Kelvin Luther; many great nieces, nephews and cousins. A memorial service will be held at 3:00 pm on Friday, March 23, 2018 at Rollins Funeral Home, followed by inurnment in Camden Point Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Camden Point Baptist Church.
Friday, March 23, 2018
Rollins Funeral Home
1106 E. Branch St.
Platte City, Missouri 64079
Get Directions on Google Maps
Inurnment at Camden Point Cemetery to follow.
- Virginia Wright March 11, 1931 - March 16, 2018
- Russell Dean Wray March 29, 1931 - August 11, 2018
- Bobbie Lou Dunlap July 11, 1931 - March 14, 2019
- Barbara Louella Wright March 13, 1928 - November 22, 2018
- Shawn Beattie March 16, 2019
- Lucille Hazel Brock March 16, 1941 - March 26, 2019
- Janet Elaine Dowell March 16, 1957 - September 6, 2018
- William C. VerMulm March 16, 1935 - December 18, 2018
- Eric John Wolters September 16, 1956 - March 07, 2018
- Everett C. Hite September 16, 1931 - February 20, 2019