William A. (Bill) Chellew, 87, went home peacefully to be with the Lord on November 22, 2017 at his home surrounded by his family.
Bill was born to William A and Dorothy E. (Kilgore) Chellew on November 25. He married Katherine W. Jahnke on August 26, 1956 at Zion Christian Church.
Bill was preceded in death by his parents, brothers Donald and Harold and son, Harold (Smokey).
Bill was a member of St. Paul United Methodist Church. He attended Lafayette High School. He served in the U.S. Navy at Whidbey Island, Washington. He retired from Southwestern Bell in 1989 after 35 years. He was a member of Moila Shrine, Scottish Rite, High Twelve, Order of the Eastern Star Areme Chapter #461, Charity Zeredatha No. 189 AF & AM, and several other branches of the Masonic Lodge.
Survivors: wife, Katherine, daughters Brenda Chellew Dean, Barbara (Dennis) Adams, three sisters-in-law, one brother-in-law. Grandchildren: Cheyenne (Adam) Soultz, DJ Adams, Thad (Sarah) Dean, Jacob (Katie) Dean, Carey Chellew (Miles), Misty Chellew and Deanna (Daniel) Rodriguez. He had thirteen great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral Service 10:00AM Tuesday, November 28, at Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel. Interment Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation 6:00 to 8:00PM Monday, November 27, at our chapel.
Memorials are suggested to Mosaic Life Care Hospice, Shriners Children's Hospital, Honor Flight, or your preferred charity.
- William A. (Bill) Chellew, 87, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- William H. Curtis, 87, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- William Theodore Niemann, 87, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Robert Richard Kneib, 87, St Joseph, MO
- William "Bill" Junior Barnes 87
- William "Bill" Marcum, 89, of St. Joseph, MO
- William J. “Bill” Sipe, 66, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- William "Bill" M. Helm, 57, St. Joseph, MO
- William “Bill” Gentry, 78, of St. Joseph, MO
- Charles W. Stuck, 87, of St. Joseph, Mo.