A Louisiana team won the Little League World Series Sunday.
The Eastbank Little League defeated Curacao 8-0 in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania. The team from River Ridge, a suburb of New Orleans, is also the first team from Louisiana to win the title.
'Playing the game the right way. Having a blast doing it. Repping Louisiana. Claiming the @LittleLeague. We are so proud of @EastBankLL and all of their accomplishments this summer!' Tulane University tweeted.
The team is comprised of 12-year-old boys, according to CNN affiliate WDSU-TV. It's the second year in a row that an American team has won the series.
- Louisiana team wins Little League World Series
- Mustangs win game one of MINK League championship series
- Nationals win World Series, top Houston 6-2 in Game 7
- Mustangs win 2019 MINK League championship
- Senior League Baseball Team Reps Northwest Missouri At Regional
- MINK League adds two new teams for 2020 season
- Royals trade '15 World Series champion Moustakas to Milwaukee
- American League win 2019 MLB All-Star Game
- Team USA advances to World Cup Final
- Cameron girls wrestling team wins MEC Championship