ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - The No. 14-ranked Northwest Missouri State University Bearcat volleyball team (15-5, 8-4) beat rival Missouri Western (11-8, 5-6) Tuesday night in a fifth-set victory 3-2 at the MWSU fieldhouse.
The match featured 34 ties and nine lead changes. The two rivals created little separation throughout the match forcing a fifth and final set.
The fifth set featured 10 ties and four lead changes. The Griffons went up 12-10 before Northwest rallied to win 15-13.
Missouri Western hosts No. 3-ranked Washburn at 6 p.m., Thursday, and the Bearcats will return home for matches in Bearcat Arena against Missouri Southern Friday, 6 p.m. and Pittsburg State Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Bearcat volleyball tops Griffons in fifth set
- Lady Griffons handle Bearcats
- Griffon soccer shuts out Bearcats 4-0
- Bearcats outlast Griffons in football season opener
- New mental edge for Bearcat Volleyball
- Griffon baseball comes back to beat Bearcats 9-3
- Griffon baseball completes sweep over Bearcats in comeback fashion
- 2019 MIAA football media day: Bearcats in top 2 Griffons at 7
- Bearcats bombard RiverHawks, 105-70 (Bearcat Athletics)
- Spoofhounds volleyball top Cardinals