MARYVILLE, Mo. - Northwest Missouri State stays alive in the D.II NCAA men's basketball tournament as they beat Southern Nazarene 70-59.
The Bearcats next match-up will be against an MIAA opponent in Missouri Southern, a team they know very well. The Bearcats got swept by MSSU last season but have returned the favor by beating the Lions in both match-ups for this season.
Northwest senior forward Joey Witthus had 29 points on the day helping lead the Bearcats to victory.
Tip-off for the regional championship game between MSSU and NWSU is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday at Bearcat arena.
- Bearcats advance to NCAA D.II regional basketball championship
- Bearcat football host's Harding in first round of NCAA D.II playoffs
- Bearcat and Griffon football rank #7 and #8 in region three for D.II college football ahead of week 10
- Benedictine men's basketball advances to first conference tournament championship
- Bearcats bombard RiverHawks, 105-70 (Bearcat Athletics)
- NWSU climbs up one spot to No. 6 and MWSU drops down to No. 10 in D.II regional football rankings
- Northwest hosts NCAA Division II Central Region
- Bearcat women defeat Quincy
- Lady Griffons handle Bearcats
- Bearcats defeat Lopers, 74-62