KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Benedictine college men's basketball ended Friday night to the hands of No. 4 Pikeville (Ky.) 83-79 in double overtime.
Benedictine's Jaiden Bristol only scored three points in regulation but scored all eight of Benedictine’s points in the first overtime period.
The Ravens overcame a 15-point deficit in the second half to stay alive after regulation, forcing two overtimes.
Although the tournament run was cut shorter than the team would have liked, Benedictine had one of the best seasons in school history with a record of 31-4 and a number one seed in the NAIA D.I national tournament.
Pikeville advances to the quarterfinal round and will face No. 3 Carroll (Mont.) on Saturday evening at 7:30 PM.
- Benedictine mens basketball season ends in double overtime to Pikeville
- Benedictine men's basketball advances to first conference tournament championship
- Bristol's triple-double helps Benedictine reach 24-straight wins
- Benedictine men's basketball earns a top seed in NAIA D1 national tournament
- Griffon Men Knock Off Pitt State in Overtime
- Benedictine football to play Morningside in the NAIA national championship
- Benedictine football lose to Morningside in NAIA national championship 35-28
- Northwest Men's basketball finishes perfect season as national champions
- FHSU ends Griffons season 71-58 in MIAA basketball quarterfinal
- Washburn takes down Griffon men and women basketball in home double header