ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - The Central Indians played host to the Liberty North Eagles Tuesday night in a Suburban League showdown over the MWSU Spring Sports Complex getting the win 5-2.
Roy Holcomb for the Indians had a strong performance from the mound going five innings pitched with 10 strikeouts.
The fifth inning is where Central essentially sealed the game with a two-run inning to extend their 3-1 lead. Liberty North would score once more in the sixth, but it would not be enough for a comeback.
Central will be in action Wednesday to take on Lee's Summit on the road with first pitch set for 4 p.m.
- Central baseball gets win over conference foe Liberty North
- Central wins Suburban conference title in basketball
- WATCH: Central Baseball wins at the "K"
- Missouri to the Liberty bowl
- Central Baseball to play at the "K"
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western Baseball falls to Central Missouri
- Central wins city volleyball jamboree
- Oklahoma State outlasts Mizzou in Liberty bowl 38-33.
- Savannah baseball keeps winning ways going
- Lathrop leads KCI Conference with win over Trenton