(ST. JOSEPH) — Central track & field athlete, Jessica Wegenka, signs her National Letter of Intent to Missouri Western to continue her career.
Wegenka will specialize in the jumping events, where she currently has excelled as a long jumper while at Central. The four-year varsity letter winner was All-Conference in her previous three years as a log jumper. In 2018, she was an All-District long jumper as well. Her personal best in the long jump (as of her signing) is 17' 9".
While Wegenka is excited to continue her track & field career, she's just as excited to be around her family while attending Western.
"I get to watch my brother's grow up and go through the same thing I did," Wegenka said. "Help them along their journey and be here to help the Central track team too so I'm excited about that too."
- Central's Wegenka signs to Western
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western Baseball falls to Central Missouri
- Central trio to continue athletic careers at Missouri Western
- Former Northwest and Western running back signs to Chiefs
- Missouri Western women's golfer Shi Qing Ong named All-Central Region
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western men top Rockhurst
- KQ2 Sports Podcast Week 3: Missouri Western travels to #20 Central Missouri, Benton hosts LeBlond on Homecoming
- Western falls to No. 5 Northwest Thursday
- Western Volleyball falls to Northwest Tuesday night
- Western Football's next step toward the future