(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)- The Kansas City Chiefs continue their search for secondary depth by bringing in Bashaud Breeland in for negotiations this week.
Chiefs head coach Andy Reid addressed the fact that Breeland was seen at practice Wednesday morning and walking around campus Wednesday afternoon.
The Kansas City Chiefs brought free agent cornerback Bashaud Breeland in for a visit this week.
“We feel pretty good about the corners we have here," Reid said. "The thing I would tell you is you can’t have enough of those guys. Brett’s (Veach) always keeping his eyes open. Nothing’s been done. He’s not here, but we’re still talking and we’ll see how things work out. He’s got a bunch of visits set up and that’s what he’s doing.”
According to a report by Carrington Harrison of The Drive on 610 Sports in Kansas City, the Chiefs offered a 1-year "prove it" type of deal for around $7 or $8 million. The report said Breeland's camp is looking for a deal similar to the 3-year/$24 million deal that was offered by Carolina in March.
Breeland's deal with the Panthers was voided after he failed his physical.
Breeland has visitied the Raiders, and will take visits to the Colts and Browns, both of which with Kansas City connections (Colts GM Chris Ballard and Browns GM John Dorsey).
- Chiefs HC Reid discusses possibility of CB Breeland
- Report: Chiefs sign cornerback Bashaud Breeland
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid: Berry is 'day-to-day, see how it goes'
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid on WR Tyreek Hill: "I don't have anything further to tell you"
- WATCH: Chiefs head coach Andy Reid speaking after Monday's practice
- Chiefs head coach Andy Reid downplays trade rumors
- Reid supports league in venue change
- WATCH: Chiefs head coach Andy Reid speaking ahead of Sunday's game against Pittsburgh
- WATCH: Chiefs head coach Andy Reid speaking ahead of Sunday's game against 49ers
- Chiefs' Mahomes, Reid confident fans will turn out Sunday despite cold