KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs extend running back Damien Williams contract for two years. The extension can earn Williams a maximum of $8.1 Million.
Williams came into the season as the third-string running back until Kareem Hunt's release and Spencer Ware's absence due to injury. Williams made the most of his playing time the past two weeks, totaling 263 all-purpose yards and three touchdowns.
As of Thursday, no word on whether Williams or Ware (returning from injury) will start Sunday against the Raiders.
- Chiefs extend Damien WIlliams contract
- WATCH: Chiefs' Damien Williams making the most of the opportunity
- Mizzou extends football coach Barry Odom's contract
- Chiefs, Missouri Western extend Training Camp agreement
- Jamaal Charles signs 1-day contract with Chiefs
- Merrifield gets contract extension from Royals
- Junior Chiefs Training Camp
- Chiefs prepare for Broncos
- Chiefs release Eric Berry
- Chiefs Release Eric Berry