(ATLANTA)— Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been named the 2018 NFL MVP.
This is the first time that a Kansas City Chief has been named the League's Most Valuable Player.
Mahomes threw for 50 touchdowns and more than 5,000 yards in 2018—joining Peyton Manning as the only other quarterback to accomplish the feat.
Mahomes led the Chiefs to the AFC Championship Game.
- Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes named 2018 NFL MVP
- Mahomes wins NFL Pro Bowl AFC offensive MVP
- Chief's Mahomes benefits from QB team
- Mahomes sets NFL record in victory against Pittsburgh
- Mahomes throws six touchdowns in Chiefs win over Steelers
- Mahomes leads Chiefs 4th quarter comeback, tops Broncos
- Clark Hunt impressed with Mahomes
- Four Chiefs named to the AP NFL All-Pro team
- Mahomes ready for challenge at New England
- NFL Draft Preview: Chiefs focus on secondary