(ATLANTA)— Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been named the 2018 NFL MVP.
This is the first time that a Kansas City Chief has been named the League's Most Valuable Player.
Mahomes threw for 50 touchdowns and more than 5,000 yards in 2018—joining Peyton Manning as the only other quarterback to accomplish the feat.
Mahomes led the Chiefs to the AFC Championship Game.
- Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes named 2018 NFL MVP
- Mahomes wins NFL Pro Bowl AFC offensive MVP
- Patrick Mahomes excited for 'Mahomes Magic Crunch'
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes cereal hits shelves at Hy-Vee
- Chiefs' success rides with the play of Patrick Mahomes
- Chief's Mahomes benefits from QB team
- Chiefs head coach Andy Reid says Patrick Mahomes will start in preseason opener
- Mahomes sets NFL record in victory against Pittsburgh
- Four Chiefs named to the AP NFL All-Pro team
- Mahomes throws six touchdowns in Chiefs win over Steelers