(DENVER)-The Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Denver Broncos 27-23 on Monday Night Football in a thriller.
The Chiefs were down 23-20 in the fourth quarter with 4:35 seconds to go. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes drove the Chiefs down the field on an eight play 60-yard touchdown drive that gave the Chiefs the lead, 27-23, with 1:39 left to go in the game.
Denver would try to put together its own drive to win the game, but would not able to come away with any points, and the Chiefs would get the ball back and kneel out the final seconds of the game.
The win puts the Chiefs at (4-0) on the year and in first place in the AFC West. This win also makes it six-straight wins over the Denver Broncos dating back to 2015.
Mahomes was 28-for-45, throwing for 304 yards and one passing touchdown. Kareem Hunt had 19 carries for 121 yards and one touchdown. Tight end Travis Kelce lead the Chiefs in receiving with seven receptions for 78 yards, hauling in a touchdown as well.
Kicker Harrison Butker was perfect on the day— going 2-2 with the long being 33 yards.
The Kansas City Chiefs return home Sunday to play the Jacksonville Jaguars, which begins a three-game home stretch.
- Mahomes leads Chiefs 4th quarter comeback, tops Broncos
- Chiefs prepare for Broncos
- Chiefs get season sweep of rival Broncos
- Chief's Mahomes benefits from QB team
- Chiefs' blunders ruin Patrick Mahomes' return
- Patrick Mahomes excited for 'Mahomes Magic Crunch'
- Mahomes sets another touchdown record as Chiefs top 49ers, move to 3-0
- Mahomes throws six touchdowns in Chiefs win over Steelers
- Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes named 2018 NFL MVP
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes cereal hits shelves at Hy-Vee