TOPEKA, Kan. - Missouri Western traveled to Topeka to take on the second tanked team in the conference Saturday in the Washburn Ichabod’s falling just short losing 93-90.
The Griffons made eight out of 11 shots mid-way through the first half and all seven free-throw attempts to go on a 26-9 run to take a 39-35 lead in the first half.
Washburn's three-pointer in the final seconds of the first half gave the Ichabod’s a 46-43 edge at the halftime break.
Lavon Hightower for MWSU shot the potential game-tying three that was no good as Washburn survived the 93-90 scare on Saturday.
Missouri Western won 12 games this season which is the most that the program has had in two years.
The Ichabod’s beat the Griffons 78-68 on Saturday afternoon. The second quarter hurt the Griffons, as the Ichabod’s closed the half on a 21-5 run to take a 40-22 lead at the half.
Missouri Western used an 11-3 run to open the fourth quarter, cutting the Washburn deficit to just nine points with seven minutes left to play, but it was not enough to overcome an 18-point first-half deficit.
The lady Griffons season isn't done as they already had their ticket punched for the MIAA conference tournament. MWSU will play Neb. Kearney Wednesday Mar. 6 at the Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City.
- Griffon men and women basketball drop regular season finale on the road to Washburn
- Washburn takes down Griffon men and women basketball in home double header
- Griffon soccer beats Washburn in comeback fashion
- Griffon Women Drop First Game of Oklahoma Road Trip (Griffon Athletics)
- Griffon Women take down Newman
- Griffon baseball wins game two of three game series with Washburn
- FHSU ends Griffons season 71-58 in MIAA basketball quarterfinal
- Griffon Men fall to Qunicy on the road
- KQ2 Sports Podcast Week 5: Griffons host Washburn Saturday night, Mid-Buchanan meets East Buchanan in a Buchanan County Showdown
- Griffon football squash Hornets on the road