ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - The Missouri Western softball team took on UCM Monday at the Spring Sports Complex for a double header in which the lady Griffs split.
GAME ONE (8-6) Griffons
The Griffons scored seven runs in the third to stake an 8-1 lead. UCM didn't go away, chipping away at the lead and leaving runners on second and third to end the game.
MWSU Olivia Goodale pitched a scoreless seventh to earn her third save of the season.
GAME TWO (6-3) Jennies
MWSU led 3-0 after three innings, but UCM got two in the fourth and four in the fifth to take the 6-3 lead.
Brea Blanton for the Western hit a two-run home run in the third and was 2-for-4 in the game
The Jennies got a two-run home run from Mackenzie McAtee after a pitching change in the fifth before Goodale got two of the next three batters to ground out.
Missouri Western stays home to host Northwest Missouri (3-9, 0-4) in a re-scheduled doubleheader March 20 at 4 p.m.
- Griffon softball split double header with Jennies
- HIGHLIGHTS: Mustangs split double-header with Generals
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette and Benton split rivalry double-header
- Washburn takes down Griffon men and women basketball in home double header
- HIGHLIGHTS: Griffon Softball trounces Lincoln
- Lady Bearcats fall to Jennies
- Bronchos top Griffons in MIAA softball championship
- Griffons volleyball splits tough weekend schedule, returns home 6-2
- Bearcats fall to 24th ranked Jennies 71-53
- Griffon softball gets sixth seed for central regional