(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— Missouri Western pitcher Anthony Castaneda was named the MIAA Pitcher of the Week Wednesday.
Castaneda threw a complete game shutout in the Griffons 1-0 victory against Missouri Southern over the weekend—striking out 12 batters, allowing just three hits.
He walked one batter and held the Lions to a .100 batting average.
Castaneda is 3-0 on the season with a 1.55 ERA. He's pitched 29 innings—allowing six runs (5 earned) on 18 hits and striking out 43 while walking just six.
The Griffons start a three-game MIAA series against Northeastern State down in Tahlequah, Oklahoma Thursday morning.
- Griffons' Castaneda named MIAA pitcher of the week
- Griffons' Aviles named MIAA Special Teams Athlete of the Week
- Griffons' Hightower named MIAA Basketball Player of the Week
- Lindenwood tops Griffons, 1-0, in MIAA opener
- Griffons picked 5th in MIAA Coaches Poll
- Bronchos top Griffons in MIAA softball championship
- Northwest picked to finish 1st in MIAA, Griffons tabbed 9th
- Griffons head to Kansas City for MIAA Tournament Wednesday
- FHSU ends Griffons season 71-58 in MIAA basketball quarterfinal
- Northwest setter Ahrens named MIAA Specialist of the Week