ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - The Missouri Western baseball team won game two of a three game series with Washburn University 8-3 Sunday afternoon.
This was a bounce back win for Western, as they dropped the first game of the series Saturday 8-4 for their home opener.
The Griffons bats were connecting, as they scored a run in four out of the first five innings of the game.
Andrew Curry for Western had a rare inside the park home run off a Washburn error during the fifth inning to make it four to nothing.
MWSU will play Washburn in the final game Monday to try and win the series at Spring Sports Complex.
First pitch is set for 1 p.m.
- Griffon baseball wins game two of three game series with Washburn
- Griffon soccer beats Washburn in comeback fashion
- Griffon baseball handles Bearcats in game one of three game series
- Griffons win 5th-straight game, shutout Emporia State
- Griffons knock off Washburn, offense goes for 500 yards
- Washburn takes down Griffon men and women basketball in home double header
- Griffon men and women basketball drop regular season finale on the road to Washburn
- Mustangs win game one of MINK League championship series
- Nationals win World Series, top Houston 6-2 in Game 7
- Griffon Soccer ready for two more home games this week