KANSAS CITY Mo. - Missouri Westerns season ended Thursday as the Griffons fell to No. 1 seed Fort Hays State 71-58 in the quarterfinal of the MIAA tournament.
In the first half the Griffs shot 39 percent going 11-28 from the field keeping the score close going into the half 32-29.
Fort Hays would outscore Western 39-29 in the second half giving the Tigers enough breathing room to advance on.
Brittany Atkins lead the Griffons on scoring with 24 points going 11-21 on 31 minutes of play, only one other player for Western would score in double digits which would be Melia Richardson who had 11.
The Griffons end the year with a record of 14-16 and will return strong guard play in their line-up for next season with players like Katrina Roenfeldt, Jill Rumpf, and Anastacia Johnson.
- FHSU ends Griffons season 71-58 in MIAA basketball quarterfinal
- Griffons' Hightower named MIAA Basketball Player of the Week
- Lindenwood tops Griffons, 1-0, in MIAA opener
- Griffons picked 5th in MIAA Coaches Poll
- Bronchos top Griffons in MIAA softball championship
- Griffons fall in MIAA Quarterfinals against top-seed Fort Hays State
- Western volleyball sweeps FHSU ending three game skid
- Griffons take down No. 25 ranked FHSU for second year in a row
- MIAA Announces 2018-19 Men's Basketball All-MIAA Teams, Postseason Awards
- MIAA Announces Women's Basketball All-MIAA Teams, Postseason Awards