ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - For the first time this season, Griffon Baseball (10-9, 8-4) lost a conference series, falling 4-3 on Monday to Washburn (10-11, 5-7) to drop the series two games to one.
Washburn won game one 8-4 on Saturday, then Western had a good showing Sunday getting the win 8-3 to even up the series.
In the ninth inning of the rubber match, the game would be tied at three with runners on the corners and one out. The Ichabod’s would win the game and the series with a sacrifice fly to center.
The loss left MWSU tied for second with Central Missouri and Emporia State in the MIAA standings.
The Griffons hit the road for four-straight games. Missouri Western will begin a three-game series at Lindenwood (11-14, 6-6) on Friday, March 22.
- Griffons lose series with Ichabods 3-2 on walk off sac fly
- Ichabods top Griffons in baseball home opener
- Griffons will have a physical week of practice as they prepare for Ichabods
- Griffon football makes it two in a row, winning 38-7 over Ichabods
- Lady Griffons lose 62-53 on the road to UNK
- Griffons struggle at UCM
- Lady Griffons handle Bearcats
- Griffon football preparing for Hornets
- Griffon Women take down Newman
- Griffons announce 2019 recruiting class