(WARRENSBURG, Mo.)- The Griffon football team had some good momentum going into Saturday afternoons contest against 20th ranked UCM on the road, as Missouri Western beat number five ranked Fort Hays State last Thursday at Spratt Stadium 23-13.
What made this game a little more interesting is that UCM lost to Fort Hays State week one 20-16, along with a new quarterback taking snaps as UCM's starter is out with an injury.
The Mules would score 21 points in the first quarter and never look back. The score was 27-7 going into half time.
Running back Derek Gray caught a five yard touchdown pass from quaterback Dom Marino early in the third quarter, but that would be the only scoring for the Griffons for the rest of the game.
"We got out there and didn't perform like we should've, so I'm very dissapointed, but obviously moving on to the next week, not going to sit back and worry about this one, we're going to make the corrections and build our kids up, Griffon head football coach Matt Williamson said."
Missouri Western will be at home next Saturday to play Northeastern State. Kick off is set for 7:00 p.m.
- Griffons struggle at UCM
- Northwest clinches 6th straight MIAA title at UCM, 64-49
- Lady Griffons handle Bearcats
- Griffon football preparing for Hornets
- Griffon Women take down Newman
- Griffons announce 2019 recruiting class
- HIGHLIGHTS: Griffon Softball trounces Lincoln
- Griffon soccer starts year 0-2
- Griffon soccer shuts out Bearcats 4-0
- Griffons stun No. 1 Central Missouri