HAYS, Ks. - The Missouri Western football team took down the No. 25 ranked Fort Hays State Tigers 28-17 Thursday night, making it the second straight year that the Griffons have beat the Tigers while they were in the top 25. Last season FHSU was ranked No. 5.
The Griffons scored 21 points in the second quarter to take a 21-3 lead into halftime and led 28-9 with 3:22 remaining before the Tigers scored a late Touchdown.
The Griffons held FHSU to 14 yards rushing on 22 carries and didn't give up a touchdown until mid-way through the fourth quarter.
MWSU will play No. 21 Central Missouri (2-0) who comes to Spratt Stadium, Sept. 21 for a 7 p.m. kickoff.
- Griffons take down No. 25 ranked FHSU for second year in a row
- FHSU ends Griffons season 71-58 in MIAA basketball quarterfinal
- Griffon soccer starts year 0-2
- Western volleyball sweeps FHSU ending three game skid
- Griffon football makes it two in a row, winning 38-7 over Ichabods
- Griffon softball wins six in a row and moves to No. 4 in the MIAA
- Griffons struggle at UCM
- Lady Griffons handle Bearcats
- Griffon football preparing for Hornets
- Griffon Women take down Newman