LIBERTY, Mo. — Both Lafayette boys and Benton girls basketball teams fell in their respective class 4 state sectionals, ending both of their seasons.
Lafayette had a rematch of a game in which they lost at the Kearney tournament back in January. They were unable to extract revenge on Southeast, falling 61-55. Senior Ike Book led the Irish in scoring with 17-points on the night.
Benton also had a rematch. The Lady Cardinals took on Lincoln College Prep, a team they beat back in January. This time around, the Lady Cardinals struggled to score and slow down the Tigers, falling 51-34. Gabby Fuller led Benton with 12-points on the evening.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette boys and Benton girls fall in state sectional
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton boys fall to Maryville
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton boys cruise past Savannah
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton girls get past Park Hill
- HIGHLIGHTS: Plattsburg boys win first state sectional in program history
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette and Benton split rivalry double-header
- Benton boys fall short on senior night to Savannah
- HIGHLIGHTS: KC Center moves past Benton
- HIGHLIGHTS: Griffon Football falls to Pittsburg State
- Benton, Central fall in Week 1 matchups