(ST. JOSEPH) — The Missouri Western Baseball team couldn't wake-up the bats on Saturday night, falling to Central Missouri, 3-1.
The only run for Western came in the eighth inning when a wild-pitch allowed Andrew Curry to score.
Central Missouri held the Griffons to just one-hit on the day, thanks to a Conrad McMahon single in the first.
The Griffons look to avoid a sweep 1:00 p.m. Sunday at Spring Sports Complex.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western Baseball falls to Central Missouri
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western baseball falls in game two to Southwest Baptist
- Central trio to continue athletic careers at Missouri Western
- HIGHLIGHTS: Northwest baseball falls to Pittsburg State
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western men top Rockhurst
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western baseball stays alive in MIAA tournament
- Central's Wegenka signs to Western
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central boys top Truman
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western tops Northwest in slug-fest
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western softball advances in MIAA tournament