(NFL)— The Kansas City Chiefs have submitted a proposal to change the current NFL overtime format.
The Chiefs propose that both teams be guaranteed at least one possession in overtime—regardless if a touchdown is scored on the first possession.
Kansas City's proposed rule changes would eliminate overtime in the preseason and eliminate the overtime coin toss.
The Chiefs propose that whichever team won the pregame coin toss would then choose whether to start overtime with the ball or on defense.
- Kansas City Chiefs propose NFL overtime rule changes
- Kansas City Chiefs wrap-up 2019 NFL Draft
- Kansas City to host 2023 NFL Draft
- Kansas City Chiefs celebrate Military Appreciation Day
- Kansas City Chiefs start mandatory minicamp
- Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Gunther Cunningham dies at 72
- Showtime in Hollywood Kansas City Chiefs take on L.A. Rams
- NFL Draft Preview: Chiefs focus on secondary
- Chiefs Hill to meet with NFL representatives
- Four Chiefs named to the AP NFL All-Pro team