(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— After about a two-hour rain delay, the Kansas City Royals topped the Chicago White Sox, 5-3, on Opening Day.
Brad Keller—the youngest Royals' Opening Day starter since 1973—threw seven scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while striking out five.
Royals' shortstop Adalberto Mondesi led the way for the offense—going 2-4 with two triples, an RBI, and a run scored.
Kansas City will have Friday off before returning to action Saturday at Kauffman Stadium against the Chicago White Sox at 1:15 p.m.
- Kansas City tops White Sox on Opening Day
- Royals route White Sox 11-0
- Kansas City Chiefs celebrate Military Appreciation Day
- Royals drop both games with White Sox
- WATCH: MIAA Media Day kicks off in Kansas City
- Kansas City Chiefs: Day One Practice Photo Gallery
- Kansas City to host 2023 NFL Draft
- Kansas City Chiefs start mandatory minicamp
- Kansas City Chiefs 2019 Training Camp schedule
- Big 12 Media Days: Kansas Jayhawks football