(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— After about a two-hour rain delay, the Kansas City Royals topped the Chicago White Sox, 5-3, on Opening Day.
Brad Keller—the youngest Royals' Opening Day starter since 1973—threw seven scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while striking out five.
Royals' shortstop Adalberto Mondesi led the way for the offense—going 2-4 with two triples, an RBI, and a run scored.
Kansas City will have Friday off before returning to action Saturday at Kauffman Stadium against the Chicago White Sox at 1:15 p.m.
- Kansas City tops White Sox on Opening Day
- Kansas City Chiefs celebrate Military Appreciation Day
- WATCH: MIAA Media Day kicks off in Kansas City
- Showtime in Hollywood Kansas City Chiefs take on L.A. Rams
- Kansas City Royals host annual FanFest this weekend
- Griffons head to Kansas City for MIAA Tournament Wednesday
- Kansas City Chiefs propose NFL overtime rule changes
- Kansas City Chiefs wrap-up 2019 NFL Draft
- Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Gunther Cunningham dies at 72
- Lindenwood tops Griffons, 1-0, in MIAA opener