ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - The Griffon Football Spring Game was Friday evening over at Spratt Stadium. This upcoming season will be No. 50 for football at Missouri Western.
The defense forced four-straight three-and-outs to open the game before the offense was able to put together a scoring drive that ended with a 46-yard Sam Aviles field goal.
MWSU's defense forced two fumbles and an interception by David Ellison looked to be a long pick-6 for the defense. Six different players recorded sacks for the defense and the secondary broke up 10 passes, including three by DJ Stirgus.
Westerns first game of the regular season will be against rival Northwest Missouri State Thursday September 5, at Spratt Stadium.
- MWSU sping game dominated by defense
- MWSU softball head coach Bagley-Trotter wins 600th career game
- MWSU Skills Camp Has The Juice
- MWSU women's basketball team hosts camp
- MWSU women's basketball coach announces resignation
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central girls dominate Lee's Summit
- WATCH: No. 2 Bearcats dominate Lopers
- MWSU basketball squads ready for big 2018-19 season
- MWSU Athletics shows support for wounded former football player
- Ong makes MWSU golf history, prepares for MIAA Championship