(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— The Missouri Western men's basketball team was picked 12 in the MIAA Preseason Coaches Poll.
Missouri Western appeared right where they finished last season in the coaches poll while the media picked MWSU three spots better than last year's finish. The Griffons went 14-14 under first-year head coach Sundance Wicks and 6-13 in the MIAA. Wicks returns two starters and seven letter winners from last season. 2019 honorable mention All-MIAA point guard Tyrell Carroll will be the team's leading returner in points (14.3), rebounds (3.5) and assists (3.5). The Griffons begin the 2019-20 season in the Small College Basketball National Hall of Fame Classic, Nov. 1st and 2nd at St. Joseph's Civic Arena.
The coaches picked Northwest Missouri to repeat as MIAA champs but had 2019 third-place finisher Missouri Southern ahead of last year's runner-up, Washburn, for second. Otherwise, the top four from last season to this year's preseason poll remained the same. Northeastern State was fifth in the coaches poll after finishing ninth a season ago and Central Missouri was sixth after missing the cut for the MIAA Championships with an 11th place finish last year.
- Missouri Western men selected 12th in preseason poll
- Western softball wins it's 12th consecutive game
- Missouri Western men's basketball struggle with rival Northwest
- Martin promoted to Missouri Western head men's basketball coach
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western men top Rockhurst
- Chiefs, Missouri Western extend Training Camp agreement
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western Baseball falls to Central Missouri
- Missouri Western's Murphy joins 3,000 assists club
- Missouri Western upsets Hillcats in MIAA play
- Missouri Westerns pipeline strong with Chiefs