MARYVILLE, Mo. -- No. 1 Northwest overcomes a slow start to defeat Missouri Southern, 82-70 to win the Central Region and advance to the NCAA DII Elite Eight in Evansville, Indiana.
Ryan Hawkins came alive Tuesday night, scoring 28-points, 13 of which were the first for Northwest. Trevor Hudgins followed with 22 of his own.
It’s the second time in three seasons the Bearcats are headed to the Elite Eight. Northwest takes on Mercyhurst March 27, 2019 in the round of 8.
- No. 1 Northwest tops Missouri Southern, heads to Elite Eight
- Northwest Men top Emporia State
- HIGHLIGHTS: No. 2 Northwest stay unbeaten following win over Missouri Southern
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western tops Northwest in slug-fest
- Senior League Baseball Team Reps Northwest Missouri At Regional
- Missouri Western men's basketball struggle with rival Northwest
- HIGHLIGHTS: No. 1 Northwest Men top Southwest Baptist
- Northwest tops Blue Tigers, advances to MIAA Championship
- Northwest tames Lindenwood Saturday
- KQ2 Sports Podcast Week 6: Griffons head to Missouri Southern, High School football moves closer to district play