(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— Northwest Missouri State senior running back Josh Caldwell has been named as this week's MIAA co-offensive player of the week. Caldwell shared the honor with Emporia State quarterback Braxton Marstall.
Caldwell (Lee's Summit, Missouri) rushed for 182 yards and scored four touchdowns in Northwest's 48-21 road victory over Central Missouri.
On the first drive of the game, Caldwell carried three times for 52 yards and eventually scored on a 1-yard run with 12:58 left in the first quarter.
He scored his second touchdown of the game on a 20-yard screen pass from Braden Wright with 7:19 left in the second quarter.
Caldwell burst through for a 34-yard touchdown run in the third quarter to give Northwest a 31-0 lead over UCM.
Caldwell scored his final touchdown of the game on a 22-yard run with 1:41 left in the third quarter giving the Bearcats a commanding 45-0 lead over the Mules. Caldwell tallied 206 all-purpose yards vs. the Mules.
Caldwell recorded his first 100-yard rushing game for the Bearcats after posting 15 for Missouri Western from 2015-2017.
- Northwest's Caldwell named MIAA Player of the Week
- Caldwell lifts Northwest to 29th MIAA title
- Northwest's Strayhorn named MIAA offensive player of week
- Northwest's Witthus named MIAA basketball athlete of the week
- Northwest setter Ahrens named MIAA Specialist of the Week
- Griffons' Hightower named MIAA Basketball Player of the Week
- Northwest volleyball sweeps MIAA weekly honors
- Northwest claims 4th straight MIAA Tournament title
- Northwest men's basketball picked 1st in MIAA
- Griffons' Aviles named MIAA Special Teams Athlete of the Week