(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— According to a report by TheAthletic.com, Kansas City Royals owner David Glass is in talks to sell the team.
The report said Glass is negotiating with Kansas City native John Sherman, who is the current vice-chairman of the Cleveland Indians.
Glass bought the team from the Kauffman Estate in 2000 for $96 million.
According to Forbes, the team is now worth $1 billion.
- Report: Royals' owner David Glass discussing plans to sell the team
- Report: Royals owner agrees to sell team for $1 billion
- Royals announce 2019 schedule
- Maldonado officially a Royal
- Royals hold off Twins
- Royals bring back Terrance Gore
- Royals add veteran catcher Saturday
- Royals ready for Opening Day
- Royals drop series with Phillies
- Royals route White Sox 11-0