(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) According to a new report, a deal to sell the Kansas City Royals has been agreed upon with a Kansas City businessman.
According to USA Today's Sports Major League Baseball columnist Bob Nightengale, Royals owner David Glass has agreed to a deal with Kansas City native John Sherman to sell the team for $1 billion.
The deal would become official in November, Nightengale says, when it is ratified by Major League Baseball owners.
Sherman is currently a minority owner of the Cleveland Indians.
David Glass bought the team from the Kauffman Estate in 2000 for $96 million.
- Report: Royals owner agrees to sell team for $1 billion
- Report: Royals' owner David Glass discussing plans to sell the team
- Former Royals owner David Glass passes away
- Royals, Ned Yost agree to 1-year extension for 2019
- Royals agree to 1-year deal with OF Alex Gordon
- MLB owners approve John Sherman as new controlling owner of Royals
- Royals announce 2019 schedule
- Maldonado officially a Royal
- Royals hold off Twins
- Royals bring back Terrance Gore