COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. - The 2019 Major League Baseball Hall of Fame ceremony took place at historic Cooperstown New York Sunday after with Mariano Rivera headlining the new six inductees.
"I was great to the good lord to allow me to play in New York with the greatest fans, and end my career the way I did," Rivera said.
Rivera pitched his entire career all with the New York Yankees and retired with 952 games finished. The 13-time All-Star helped the Yankees win five World Series titles and seven American League pennants.
- Rivera headlined 2019 MLB Hall of Fame ceremony
- Tony Gonzalez 2019 NFL Hall of Fame nominee
- Hall of Fame coach Bill Snyder retires
- Small College Basketball Division II Classic, National Hall of Fame return to St. Joseph in 2019
- American League win 2019 MLB All-Star Game
- Mel Tjeerdsma inducted into College Football Hall of Fame
- Brian Waters to be inducted into Chiefs' Hall of Fame
- Royals select Bobby Witt Jr. with second overall pick in 2019 MLB draft
- Mound City Panthers headline North Platte Invitational
- Northwest takes down defending national champs Ferris State 100-86 in Small College Basketball Hall of Fame