The Kansas City Royals have traded former All-Star slugger Mike Moustakas to the Milwaukee Brewers for minor league outfielder Brett Phillips and minor league pitcher Jorge Lopez.
A key member of the Royals' 2015 World Series championship team, Moustakas became a free agent after last season and signed a one-year contract with the Royals in March that includes a mutual option for 2019. The Royals are last in the American League Central at 31-71.
The 29-year-old Moustakas is hitting for his career is hitting .251 with 139 home runs and 441 RBI's, and for the season Moustakas is hitting at .249 with 20 homers and 62 RBIs this season.
Moustakas rejoins former Royals teammate Lorenzo Cain up in Milwaukee after Cain signed a four year deal with the Brewers during the offseason.
The Royals are currently on a 10 game road trip starting with the New York Yankees and will return back home Monday August sixth against the Chicago Cubs.
- Royals And Moustakas On New Paths
- Royals trade '15 World Series champion Moustakas to Milwaukee
- Royals announce 2019 schedule
- Maldonado officially a Royal
- Royals hold off Twins
- Royals bring back Terrance Gore
- Royals add veteran catcher Saturday
- Royals ready for Opening Day
- Royals drop series with Phillies
- Royals route White Sox 11-0