(SURPRISE, Az.)— The Kansas City Royals agreed to a one-year deal worth a reported $2.5 million Saturday with Martin Maldonado.
The club has not confirmed the signing as of Saturday evening.
The deal was first reported by The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.
The 32-year-old catcher spent the 2018 season with the Angels and Astros.
In eight Major League seasons, he has batted .220 with 51 home runs and 193 RBI.
- Royals add veteran catcher Saturday
- Royals catcher Salvador Perez will undergo Tommy John surgery
- Royals announce 2019 schedule
- Maldonado officially a Royal
- Royals hold off Twins
- Royals bring back Terrance Gore
- Royals ready for Opening Day
- Royals drop series with Phillies
- Royals route White Sox 11-0
- Royals And Moustakas On New Paths