KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Royals lost game one of their series with the Boston Red Sox 8-3 Tuesday night in which the Royals looked like were going to come away with a win.
Cheslor Cuthbert for the Royals got the scoring going with a two-run blast in the second which got the Royals on the board first.
The Royals lost the lead in the sixth inning by a Brock Holt RBI that was able to send Rafael Devers home from second which swung momentum in favor of Boston.
Eduardo Nunez hit a three-run homer in the eighth inning which broke open what had been a close game, and the Red Sox went on to beat the Royals 8-3.
The Kansas City Royals are now on a four-game losing streak and hope to stop the bleeding with game two of the series Wednesday night. Jakob Junis (4-5, 5.35) will take the mound for the Royals and will face Chris Sale (1-7, 4.35 ERA) of the Red Sox. First pitch is set for 7:00.
- Royals drop game one of series with Red Sox
- Royals drop both games with White Sox
- Royals drop series with Phillies
- Royals snap 7 game losing streak beating Red Sox 6-2
- Royals route White Sox 11-0
- Cardinals top Royals in game one of I-70 series
- Royals fall to Twins, swept in series
- Royals snap 4 game losing streak
- Royals trade '15 World Series champion Moustakas to Milwaukee
- Royals announce 2019 schedule