SURPRISE, Ariz. — The Kansas City Royals announced Tuesday, Brad Keller will be the Opening Day starter.
Keller went 9-6 with a 3.08 ERA as a rookie last season. The Royals acquired Keller from Cincinnati for future considerations in a December 2017 trade. Keller was a Rule 5 pick prior to last season.
The Keller announcement was made shortly after the team’s afternoon game against the White Sox was rained out in Surprise, Arizona.
- Royals name Brad Keller opening day starter
- Royals ready for Opening Day
- Royals announce 2019 Opening Day lineup
- Royals announce 2019 schedule
- Maldonado officially a Royal
- Royals offer voucher for free ticket to fans who bought Opening Day tickets
- Royals bring back Terrance Gore
- Royals add veteran catcher Saturday
- Royals drop series with Phillies
- Royals And Moustakas On New Paths