SECAUCUS, NJ. - The Kansas City Royals selected Bobby Witt Jr. (SS) with the No. 2 overall pick in the MLB draft Monday night. Witt Jr. is the son of former Major League pitcher Bobby Witt Sr.
Bobby Witt Jr. is high school player from Colleyville, Texas, and is the first high school player to be named Golden Spikes award semi-finalist. In his senior year of high school, he had a batting average of .489.
The Royals had Witt Jr. as their number one player throughout the scouting process.
- Royals select Bobby Witt Jr. with second overall pick in 2019 MLB draft
- Royal's Merrifield selected to MLB All-Star game
- Royals top 2018 draft pick surprises parents on Christmas
- Royals announce 2019 schedule
- Royals pick up Duda from Omaha
- Royals announce 2019 Opening Day lineup
- American League win 2019 MLB All-Star Game
- Rivera headlined 2019 MLB Hall of Fame ceremony
- Braves pick up Royals OF Hamilton off waivers
- Kansas City Chiefs wrap-up 2019 NFL Draft