ANAHEIM, Ca. - The Kansas City Royals beat the L.A. Angels 5-1 Sunday afternoon ending a four-game skid and avoiding a series sweep.
Royals Pitcher Danny Duffy won his third game (3-1) allowing five hits in six innings. The Royals scored three runs in the third to take the lead. Hunter Dozier hit a two-run double to make it 3-0.
Kansas City would score two more runs in the sixth and the ninth inning to make it 5-1 ending the game.
The Royals (16-31) will have a few days off before they play in their first meeting of the I-70 showdown with the St. Louis Cardinals (24-23) on Tuesday in St. Louis.
- Royals snap 4 game losing streak
- Royals snap 7 game losing streak beating Red Sox 6-2
- Bishop LeBlond takes care of business, snaps losing streak
- Chiefs ready to snap playoff losing skid
- Bearcat MBB win streak snap at 46 to UCM
- Golden Eagles snap losing skid, want more this season
- Royals drop both games with White Sox
- Lathrop tops Spoofhounds in district championship, snaps Maryville's home-winning streak
- Merrifield's hit-streak comes to an end at 31 games
- Royals announce 2019 schedule