(FLORIDA)— The 18th overall pick in the 2018 First-Year Major League Baseball draft surprised his parents on Christmas morning with a gift of repayment.
Brady Singer, the Kansas City Royals 1st round pick, posted a video on Twitter Tuesday of his parents reacting to him paying off their debt.
In the letter that Brady's mother read, he wrote:
"Because you deserve the very best, I want you both to know how much I appreciate you and how none of this would be possible without you."
Singer played for the University of Florida and signed his rookie contract with the Royals in July.
Singer's signing bonus was a reported $4.25 million.
- Royals top 2018 draft pick surprises parents on Christmas
- Royals select Bobby Witt Jr. with second overall pick in 2019 MLB draft
- Royals pick up Duda from Omaha
- Braves pick up Royals OF Hamilton off waivers
- Royals GM Moore embarassed by 2018 season
- Cardinals top Royals in game one of I-70 series
- Royals announce 2019 schedule
- Maldonado officially a Royal
- Royals hold off Twins
- Royals bring back Terrance Gore