ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - The Lafayette Fighting Irish baseball team took on the Maryville Spoofhounds at Bartlett Park Friday afternoon losing in a shootout 11-10.
Lafayette pitcher Brayden Luikart had eight strikeouts in three innings from the mound then from the plate put up three RBI's. Luikart's performance wasn't enough as Maryville would score six runs in the sixth and seventh innings to secure the one-run win.
Lafayette's next game will be Monday against Smithville.
- Spoofhounds outlast Irish with one run win
- Lady Spoofhounds win Holiday tournament
- Spoofhounds volleyball top Cardinals
- Cardinal baseball shuts out Spoofhounds 6-0
- Irish win fourth straight district title
- Maryville Spoofhounds named Highland CC Team of the Week
- Lathrop tops Spoofhounds in district championship, snaps Maryville's home-winning streak
- Auburn outlasts Panthers Saturday afternoon
- #1 Northwest outlasts Minnesota-Crookston in 60-52 win
- Irish lead city schools with win over Center