(JOHNSON COUNTY, Kan.) The Johnson County District Attorney's Office announced Wednesday that it will not file criminal charges against the Kansas City Chiefs' Tyreek Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal.
"We are deeply troubled by this situation and are concerned about the health and welfare of the child in question," District Attorney Steve Howe said. "We believe a crime has occurred. However, the evidence in this case does not conclusively establish who committed the crime against this child."
The announcement follows a report last month that Overland Park police were called to investigate a report of child abuse or neglect at Hill's home.
"Despite this decision, there will be continued involvement by State officials to ensure the safety of the child," Howe said.
- UPDATE: No charges in Tyreek Hill investigation
- Criminal case against Tyreek Hill reopened
- Tyreek Hill not suspended by NFL
- Tyreek Hill suffers bruised quad at training camp practice
- Chiefs announce agreement on 3-year contract extension with Tyreek Hill
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid on WR Tyreek Hill: "I don't have anything further to tell you"
- NFL's Tyreek Hill pulled from team activities after audio reveals purported discussion of alleged child abuse
- Tyreek Hill speaks to media for first time since abuse allegations
- Report: Chiefs agree to 3-year extension with wide receiver Tyreek Hill
- Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill ruled out for Sunday's game against Oakland