(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) — Whit Merrifield was 0-3 headed into his fourth and final at-bat of Wednesday's game against the Mariners. Needing a hit to keep his 30-game hitting streak alive. In the 7th inning, Merrifield hit a bunt down the 3rd base line to get on base and make it 31-game in-a-row with a hit. That is now a Royals franchise record previously held by George Brett.
Video courtesy of Fox Sports Kansas City.
Posted: Apr 10, 2019 11:13 PM
- WATCH: Whit Merrifield breaks George Brett's 30-game hitting streak record
- Whit Merrifield steps into leadership role in Royals clubhouse
- Merrifield's hit-streak comes to an end at 31 games
- Merrifield gets contract extension from Royals
- Royal's Merrifield selected to MLB All-Star game
- Mustangs set new win streak record at 10
- UCO ends Griffon football win streak
- Royals snap 4 game losing streak
- St. Joseph Mustangs break attendance record for 2018
- Defense shines for the Chiefs on a record breaking day
Scroll for more content...