ST. JOSEPH – Griffon Football returns to the postseason for the first time since 2012. Agent Barry Live United Bowl officials announce, Western faces Southern Arkansas in the bowl game on Dec. 1 in Texarkana, Arkansas.
"Missouri Western State University Football is ecstatic about our opportunity to play in the Agent Barry Live United Bowl," head coach Matt Williamson said in a media release by Western. "To be able to suit up one more time with these incredible men is a privilege beyond belief. Thank you, Allen Brown and the bowl committee for this opportunity. The Griffons will be ready to go!! We talk about change as a team all the time, this opportunity is a program changer. "
Williamson, in his second season as head coach, led Western to its first winning season (6-5) since 2015. The last time Western made a bowl game was in 2009. The Griffons defeated Augustana 35-21 in the Mineral Water Bowl.
Kickoff set for noon on Dec. 1 at Arkansas High School in Texarkana, Arkansas. The Muleriders of Southern Arkansas finished third in the Great American Conference with an 8-3 record.
- Western football accepts invitation to bowl game
- Benton, Lafayette football game moved to Saturday at Missouri Western
- Western Football's next step toward the future
- Western hosts annual football Pro Day
- Western softball wins it's 12th consecutive game
- Western and Northwest represented among football post season awards
- Western volleyball sweeps FHSU ending three game skid
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western baseball falls in game two to Southwest Baptist
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western Softball heads to MIAA title game
- Griffon football wins Agent Barry Live United Bowl 30-25