ST. JOSEPH — Football athletes from around the state of Missouri gathered at the Griffon Indoor Sports Complex to showcase their skills in front of NFL scouts.
In all, 22 different NFL teams were represented at the Pro Day. Of all the participating athletes, eight were from Missouri Western and seven from Northwest Missouri.
At the Pro Day, players ran through skill-specific drills infront of the scouts to help evaluate tangible talents. Among the drills were 225 lbs. bench press, 40-yard dash, shuttle and position specific drills. Comparable to the ones seen at the NFL combine.
After being evaluated, the players will await calls and potential invites to spring and summer camps to see if they can earn a spot in training camp.
- Western hosts annual football Pro Day
- Western volleyball host's Pitt. State on Military Appreciation Day
- Western Football's next step toward the future
- Western football accepts invitation to bowl game
- Benton, Lafayette football game moved to Saturday at Missouri Western
- Western and Northwest represented among football post season awards
- Missouri Western Women's Basketball to host coaching clinic Sunday
- Western Women's Basketball hosts free youth clinic Saturday
- HIGHLIGHTS: Western men top Rockhurst
- Central's Wegenka signs to Western